This is the dawning of the rest of our lives

domingo, 4 de diciembre de 2011

See the moon slink down in the sky darling 
Let your fantasies fly darling 
Life is cold , and the game is old 
Just see how virtue repays you 
You turn and someone betrays you 
Betray him first and the game's reversed! 


For we all are caught in the middle 
Of one long trecherous riddle 
Can I trust you? Should you trust me too? 
We shamble on through this hell 
Taking on more secrets to sell 
'Till there comes a day 
When we sell our souls away! 


Through the mist your lover is beckoning 
Comes that moment of reckoning 
Faces change. Even smiles grow strange! 
And we all have so many faces 
The real self often erases 
Enticing lies , flicker through our eyes! 


Feel the terror draw ever nearer 
The more you stare in the mirror 
But hold your own, face the wind alone! 
Reel on love! Toughen your scars! 
Year by year we're falling like stars! 
'Till there comes a day 
When we sell our souls away! 


Can I run to you? 
Are you true to me? 
I'll do unto you 
As you do to me! 
And we slowly learn 
Someone has to burn 
Better you than me! 


Oh , ev'ry Judas once loved a Jesus 
But fin'lly treason will seize us! 
And only fools follow golden rules! 
We all are caught in the middle 
Of one long treacherous riddle 
Of who trusts who... 
Maybe I'll trust you.. 
But can you trust me? 
Wait and see!....

No hay comentarios: